Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Abortion Activist: “I Don’t Care” if Science Says Life Starts at Conception

The president of a national pro-abortion group shocked a radio host this week when she admitted that she would still support abortion if science proves that life begins at conception. . . .

Terry O’Neill initially said this in response to a hypothetical situation: if science determined that life began at conception, would O’Neill still support abortion rights?

"I don’t care. Of course, I would support abortion. I fell in love with my four-cell stage (child) and that wasn’t even pregnancy. That was before pregnancy began. And I that was potential life … I understand the concept of potential life. I’m in favor of it. What I’m not in favor of is women dying because adequate reproductive healthcare is withheld from them on religious grounds. That is not pro-life.“Clear something up for me, because if I hear your answer correctly, it seems very extreme,” Rantz said. “Take religion out of it, and we have shown through science that life begins the moment that a fetus is created. This is not the potential for life — that is life. You are saying that you do support abortion. Isn’t that the textbook definition of murder in that case?”

“Take religion out of it and we are not even having this conversation,” O’Neill said, noting that religious motivations are what largely contribute to the abortion debate. O’Neill continued: “On the beginning of life, I don’t know when life begins. What I do know is that women’s lives are precious. And girls lives are precious. If we don’t support girls’ and women’s access to basic reproductive healthcare, we are harming them" . . . Read More

Tags: Terry O’Neill, Abortion activist To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the Greater Fitchburg For Life. Thanks!

No comments :